Thursday, July 10, 2008

Why Can't I Eat This in California?

Cam here. I just got a huge craving for Marshmallow Fluff! No, I'm not pregnant (I'm male!) but I am known to go on sugar binges every now and then. Now tell me, how yummers is Fluff?!





After thinking about the delish that is Marshmallow Fluff I realized that I once had a Fluffernutter Sandwich as a kid and dang, was it good!

Now I'm on a mission. I am obsessed and spending time on the internets trying to find Marshmallow Fluff at a friendly, neighborhood grocery/convenience store. I may even move to calling stores up to see if they have it. What I am trying to avoid is ordering this stuff online for $15 + shipping.

My take is that Fluff and Fluffernutters are a regional delicacy not meant for Californey-ans. Kinda like Sonic (seriously, why are their commercials shown in CA?), Cookiepuss, and Devil Dogs. I also remember going on a Goo Goo Clusters binge while out in Tennesse a few years ago. We Californies are deprived.

Can anyone help me in my quest? Have you seen Fluff anywhere in the stores? Are there any other regional delicacies that you wish were stocked at the Safeway right by your house?

1 comment:

Romios Family said...

I've bought Marshmallow Fluff out here! Of course, it wasn't for a Fluffernutter sandwich (although I did enjoy those growing up back East) but for something to scandalous to write on the blog. I'll fill Cat in at work. I'll have to ask Taki where I bought it.

I wish they would carry Combos and TastyKakes at Safeway.