Friday, July 11, 2008

Now tell me. Why is She allowed to be on TV?

A few times a week I am caught brainlessly watching that E! Show with Ryan Seacrest and some insanely skinny woman with highlighted hair talking about BS celebritard stuff. I know Cat enjoys getting the scoop and I must admit it is actually pretty enjoyable making fun of Victoria Beckham (aka Sporty Spice). The show ends at around 11 or 11:30 and I'm usually sitting there on the laptop managing my fantasy baseball team when I have unfortunately (or fortunately?) caught one of the stupidest shows I have ever seen.




Can I tell you about Chelsea Handler? I only ask your permission because you may want to stop reading this post right now before wasting your valuable which could be better used cleaning the toilet or emailing your clients. Maybe you've heard of her show as "The Chelsea Handler Show" or "Chelsea Lately". Apparently it has gone through changes over the years in desperate attempts for terrible ratings. It first started out as a sketch comedy show with bad acting. It then morphed into a sit down on the couch interview type show. Now it includes three other "comedians" who sit at a table with Chels and comment on all things US Weekly.





Well, I gotta say that THIS SHOW IS TERRIBLE. The one I saw last night was 100% rehearsed with deadpan jokes chased with disingenuous fake crowd laugh. Every single line one of these idiots spoke was straight off of a cue card and in no way organic. "Jokes" flew at me at an alarming speed as if everyone on the show was hyped on red bull or 5 hour energy shots. One lame joke every 5 seconds? You got it. Make fun of the Latino Midget (Chelsea's sidekick) at least once a minute? Done. Chelsea makes a joke about being drunk? 15 times a show. Comedian guests plugging their DVD or future Standup Gig at Bob Levy's Comedy Club at the Ramada Inn in Levittown, PA at the end of the show? Absolutely!

I guess that this show does have an audience even though the ratings for it seem to have been erased from the Internet. But when you dig a little further you can easily find that Chelsea Handler has been "dating" E! Channel President, Ed Harbert. Nice work tearing apart Ted's 30 year marriage, Chelsea. And congrats on your crappy show.

Jesus Christo.

No comments: